‘What motivates me is the struggle
between real human beings and an
abstract government for whom people
are merely files, numbers and statistics.’
Marq Wijngaarden (1960)
- Studied law at the University of Amsterdam.
- Admitted to the bar in The Hague in 1989.
- Partner at Böhler since 1993.
- Member of the following expert associations: the Dutch Association of Defence Counsel and the Association of Lawyers and Solicitors for Rights of Asylum Seekers in the Netherlands.
- Member of the Asylum Committee of the Dutch Council for Refugees, and the Assembly of Delegates of the Netherlands Bar Association.
- Member of the criminal law and immigration law departments.
Press and publications
'The Dark Side', Journaal Vreemdelingenrecht [Journal on Dutch Immigration Law], no. 8 2009