- Studied law at the University of Amsterdam.
- Admitted to the bar in Amsterdam in 1965.
- Later admitted to the bar in Utrecht, and re-admitted to the bar in Amsterdam.
- Worked for the William Pompe Institute of Criminal Law and Criminology.
- Obtained her doctorate in 1985.
- Between 1998 and 2004, professor in the law of criminal procedure at Maastricht University.
- Member of the Dutch Association of Defence Counsel.
- Has worked at Böhler as an adviser since retirement.
- Continues to practice as a lawyer since retirement.
Press and publications
Ties Prakken publishes regularly on issues related to criminal law. 2010 will see the publication of her book on political defence counsel in criminal cases, which she co-authored with the Brussels-based lawyer, Jan Fermon.