Human rights lawyer seriously threatened in the Netherlands
Amsterdam, 11 August 2016 - Today, the Dutch newspaper NRC Next published an interview with Nada Kiswanson, a foreign human rights defender who lives and works in The Netherlands for the Palestinian NGO Al Haq.
'THE HAGUE. For the past six months, a foreign lawyer is being seriously threatened in the Netherlands. The death threats are connected to her work for the International Criminal Court, which is seated in The Hague. The lawyer is supplying the court with material for the so-called preliminary examination into possible war crimes committed by Israel in Palestine'
Nada Kiswanson is represented in this case by lawyer Brechtje Vossenberg.
Annexes (only available in Dutch)
- L. van Nierop, 'Mensenrechtenjurist in Nederland ernstig bedreigd' (also here) | NRC Next, 11 August 2016
- L. van Nierop, 'Ze dacht dat Nederland veilig was' (also here) | NRC Next, 11 August 2016
- Interview Nada Kiswanson d.d.11 August 2016) (here) | NPO Radio 1
- AP, 'Dutch-based lawyer says she is target of threats' | New York Times, 11 August 2016
Additional: 12 September 2016 (available in Dutch)
- Answer to questions by Dutch MOP (Second Chamber of Parliament) Van Bommel about the article “Ngo’s dachten in Nederland veilig te zijn, maar dat pakt anders uit”
- Answer to questions by MOP (Second Chamber of Parliament) Sjoerdsma about the article "Ze dacht dat Nederland veilig was"
- Answer to questions by MOP (Second Chamber of Parliament) Kuzu about the article that a human rights lawyer is being seriously threatened in the Netherlands