Supreme Court: Dutch State is responsible for death of three Muslim men in Srebrenica
The Hague, 6 September 2013 - Today the Supreme Court of the Netherlands upheld a ruling by the Appeals Court of The Hague that the Dutch State is responsible for the death of three Muslim men during the fall of the Srebrenica-enclave in July 1995. This marks the end of a protracted legal battle, initiated on behalf of the surviving relatives by lawyer Liesbeth Zegveld.
Read the press release by the Supreme Court here.
- Judgment of 6 September 2013 Mustafić vs The Netherlands
- Judgment of 6 September 2013 Nuhanović vs The Netherlands
- NYT | 'Netherlands held liable in 3 Srebrenica deaths' (7 September 2013)
- Dutch State liable for deaths during fall of Srebrenica enclave
- Oral pleadings victims of Srebrenica
- Advocate general advises the Supreme Court to dismiss appeal in cassation by State in Srebrenica case